How do I send email from Slack?
- Go to the Slack channel you connected your email address to.
(Still need to do this? Click here to connect an email account.)
@mailclark email@example.com(the email address of the person you want to reach).
- After this, MailClark will ask if you want to send the email from the current Slack channel or if you want to create a new channel for this email.
(This is a good opportunity to start categorizing and organizing your emails in Slack. For example, if this email is related to a specific customer's account or a new project, then it might make sense to create a new channel for the project and keep this email in that Slack channel. )If you’ve already written to this person from Slack, MailClark will tell you in which channel(s)/thread so that you can pick up the conversation where it left off.
- Type out your message.To create a link break, press shift + enter.
- Then you have an option to preview your email.
From there you can:
- edit the from or to email addresses,
- edit the subject,
- attach a file.
- Once you're ready, hit send and you're done!