How do I email from Slack?
- Go to the Slack channel you connected your email address to. (Still need to do this? Click here to connect an email account.)
@mailclark email@example.com(the email address of the person you want to reach).
- After this, MailClark will ask if you want to send the email from the current Slack channel or if you want to create a new channel for this email. (This is a good opportunity to start categorizing and organizing your emails in Slack. For example, if this email is related to a specific customer's account or a new project, then it might make sense to create a new channel for the project and keep this email in that Slack channel. )
- Type out your message. To create a link break, press shift + enter.
- Then you have an option to preview your email, edit the from or to email addresses, edit the subject, and more. You can even attach a file.
- Once you're ready, hit send and you're done!
If you’ve already written to this person from Slack, MailClark will tell you in which channel(s) so that you can pick up the conversation where it left off.